July 4th falls on a Monday this year, which means that many retailers are running sales all weekend long. However, not all deals are created equal.
Here are a few items to avoid purchasing during the Fourth of July sales rush:
1. Clothing: While it may be tempting to stock up on summer clothes during the July 4th sales, resist the urge. Many retailers mark down summer clothing in early August to make room for fall items, so you’ll likely find better deals later on. (Even the red, white blue.)
2. Patio furniture: Just like clothing, patio furniture goes on sale after the Fourth of July. If you can wait a few weeks, you’ll be able to snag some great deals on outdoor furniture and accessories.
3. Grill: Grills are typically discounted in early July, but the best deals can be found closer to Labor Day. If you can wait a few weeks, you’ll save big on your grill purchase.
4. Fireworks: Many retailers mark up the price of fireworks in the days leading up to the Fourth of July. However, you can often find better deals on fireworks after the holiday.
What would July 4th be without some great sales? Here are some of the best July 4th sales around:
-Outdoor gear: If you’re planning on doing some camping or hiking over the Fourth of July weekend, now is a great time to buy outdoor gear. Many stores have sales on tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
-Home goods: Looking to spruce up your home for the holiday? Many stores have sales on furniture, home decor, and more.
Expensive items like TVs and home appliances are seeing the biggest price drops. Amazon and other retailers are offering smart TVs on sale for as low as $89. Meanwhile, Best Buy and Lowe’s are offering price cuts on microwaves, refrigerators, and washer/dryers.
– Sunscreen: With summer in full swing, you’re going to want to make sure you have plenty of sunscreen on hand to protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays.
– Bug spray: Summertime means mosquitoes and other pesky insects. Be sure to stock up on bug spray so you can enjoy the outdoors without being bothered by bugs.
– Pool toys: Take advantage of sales and stock up on pool floats, noodles and other pool toys. Your kids will thank you when they can spend hours playing in the pool this summer.
Happy Independence Day weekend! And happy shopping!